DR. AMIR BAKSH BASIT
Ph.D in Economics
Islamia University Bahawalpur
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED IN JOURNALS OF NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL REPUTE
1. “Projections of Job Opportunities for Natural Scientists and Mathematicians in West Pakistan”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Summer 1973, 200-206. (With Mazhar Hussain)
2. “Testing Efficiency of Two Alternative Motivation Campaigns for Improving the Knowledge, Opinion and Practice of Family Planning”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Spring 1974, 71-76. (With Mazhar Hussain)
3. “Factors Associated with Intercounty Variations in Idaho Local Government Expenditures, 1967 and 1972”, Journal Papers Series, Centre for Business Development and Research, U of I, USA, 1977. (With S.M. Ghazanfar)
4. “Idaho Economic Outlook for January 1982 to June 1983: Results of a Business Opinion Survey”, Journal Papers Series, Centre for Business Development and Research, U of I, 1982. (With S.M. Ghazanfar)
5. “A Dynamic Demand Model of Public Expenditures”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume XX, No. 2 (Winter 1982), 93-107.
6. “Impact of Population Planning on the Size Distribution of Income: A Theoretical and Methodological Framework”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume 25, No.2 (Winter 1987), 59-72.
7. “An Analysis of Gap between Demand for and Supply of Higher Education in Pakistan”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume XXVI, No.1 (Summer 1988), 41-55. (With Muhammad Amjad Sheikh)
8. “Determinants of Fertility: A Microeconomic Approach”, Economic Journal, Volume XXI (1988), No. 1&2, 11-21.
9. Survey of the Elderly (A Case Study of Lahore District), Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Health, Special Education and Social Welfare (Special Education and Social Welfare Division), Islamabad, Pakistan, 1988.
10. What Inhibits Human Resource Development? The Nation, June 13, 1988. (With Hafeez ur Rehman)
11. “Who Receives the Benefits of Public Higher Education in Pakistan”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume 27, No. 1 (Summer 1989), 1-15. (With Muhammad Nawaz Khan)
12. “Demand for Children: A Micro Econometric Approach”, Journal of Research (Humanities), Volume I, No. 2 (July 1990), 25-29.
13. “International Trade, Development and Technology” (in Urdu), Taleemi Zavaye, Volume I, No. 2 (July 1990), 25-29.
14. “An Econometric Estimation of Production Function and Elasticities of Factor Substitution in the Large-Scale Leather Manufacturing Sector of Pakistan: 1969-70 to 1984-85”, Pakistan Banker, Volume 1, No. 1 (1991), 65-71. (With Shahida Latif)
15. “Comparative Paradigms and Human Rights in the Comparative Political and Economic System of Germany, Japan and USA”, Journal of Research (Humanities), Volume XXVIII, Nos. 1-2 (1994), 1-26. (With Abdul Raoof)
16. “Fertility in Pakistan: An Econometric Analysis of Micro-Data”, TIU Research Journal, (1995).
17. “Five Point Programme: More Words than Deeds”, Pakistan Banker, Volume 6, Nos. 1&2 (1996), 65-70. (With Mazhar ul Haq and Zafar Khurshid)
18. “Fostering Trade Through SAARC”, South Asian Studies, Volume 13, No. 1 (1996), 49-60. (With Abdul Raoof)
19. “Corruption in International Business”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume XXXV, No. 1 (1997), 35-41. (With Abdul Raoof)
20. “New Horizons in International Human Resources”, Journal of Elementary Education, Volume I, No. 7 (1997), 86-95. (With Abdul Raoof)
21. “An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of global Money Laundering”, Journal of Research (Humanities), Volume XXXI, 1-2, (1997), 5-21. (With Mehmood-Ul-Hassan)
22. “Dependency Burdens and Savings Rates in Pakistan- A New Strategic Study”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Vol. XXXV, No.2, (1997), 95-130. (With Nasir Ali and Eatzaz Ahmed)
23. “Global Privatization Trends and Associated Policies for State-Owned Enterprises and Banking Institutions in Pakistan”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume XXXVII, No. 1, Summer (1999), 61-81. (With Mehmood-Ul-Hassan and Abdul Raoof)
24. “Lessons of Survival in Managing Economic and Banking Crises”, The Lahore Journal of Economics, Volume 4, No.2, (1999), 1-34. (With Abdul Raoof and Mehmood-Ul-Hassan)
25. “Redefining the Scope of Labour Leadership in Pakistan”, Pakistan Vision, Volume 1, No. 1, (2000), 53-64. (With Abdul Raoof Chaudhry)
26. “Investment Banking: Pakistan’s New Leaf, Economic Insight, Volume 2, No.2, (2001), 59-64.
27. “A Comparative Study of Pakistani Consumers, Country-of-Origin Attitudes toward the Marketing Mix of Products from Germany, Japan and South Korea”, Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective (India), Volume 5, No.2, July-December (2001), 49-60.
28. “Pattern of Global Foreign Direct Investment and Determinant Issues for Pakistan”, Journal of Research (Humanities), Volume XXXVI, No.1, (2002), 101-107. (With Abdul Raoof and Mehmood-Ul-Hassan)
29. “Forecasting: A Dilemma of Modules (A comparison of Theory Based and Theory Free Approaches”, Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume XL, No. 1, Summer (2002), (With Muhammad Afzal and Hafeez ur Rehman).
30. “Choice of Technology and Pattern of Development in Less Developed Countries”, Journal of Research (Humanities) Volume XXXVIII, No.2, (2003), 125-135.
31. “Stability of Demand for Imports Function in Pakistan”, Papers and Proceedings of National Research Conference 29th and 30th June-2007, jointly organized by Pakistan Academy of Sciences and University of South Asia. (with Tayyeba Rizvi)
32. “A Dynamic Analysis of the Relationship among Human Development, Exports and Economic Growth in Pakistan”, The Pakistan Development Review 48:4 Part II (winter 2009) pp. 885-920. (With Muhammad Afzal, Hafeez Ur Rehman and Ishrat Begum)
33. “Gender Disparity in Pakistan: A Case of Middle and Matriculation level of Education in Punjab” Journal of Research and Reflections in Education, (2013),volume7,No. 2, pp.113-124 (with Muhammad Afzal, Rafaqat Ali Akbar and Seemab Roshi)
34. “Openness, Inflation and Growth Relationships in Pakistan: An Application of ARDL Bounds Testing Approach” Pakistan Economic and Social Review, Volume 51, No. 1 (Summer), pp. 13-53. (With Muhammad Afzal, Muhammad Ehsan Malik, and Kalsoom Fatima)
35. “Role of Institutions and Economic Growth in Asian Countries” Developing Country Studies (2013) Vol. 3, No.2, pp. 80-90. (With Saima Sarwar and M. Wasif Siddiqi)
36. “Comparative Impact of Unofficial and Official Exchange Rates on the Economy of Pakistan” World Review of Business Research (Oct. 2014)Vol. 4, No. 3, pp.181-195 (with Ali Farhan Chaudhry).
37. “Socioeconomic Determinants of Corruption: A Cross Country Evidence and Analysis” Forman Journal of Economic Studies (2014) Vol. 10, pp. 79-104 (with Ghulam Shabbir)
38. ”Unofficial and Official Exchange Rates Dynamics: A Case Of Pakistan” Forman Journal of Economic Studies (2014) Vol. 10, pp. 135-153 (with Ali Farhan Chaudry)
“Least-Squares Estimation of Econometric Models” National Book Foundation, Islamabad, 1999(First Edition), 2002(Second Edition)
Dr. Bushra Pervaiz
Faculty incharge / Asst. Professor
Ph.D in Agriculture Economics & Management
Chinese Academy of Agriculture Science, China
Rana Hamza Gul
LAHORE LEADS University
Mr M Anwar Ul Haq Zahid Azmi
University of Sindh
Hafiz Muhammad Qasim
M.Phil Applied Economics
FC College Lahore